Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Our Christmas Dinner for the three of us.

One of the reasons I love living in Los Angeles is the endless number of restaurants at our disposal.  We have every type of food possible in just about any kind of setting you desire.  We even have some of the "In the Dark" restaurants - which I just really don't get.

Last week, the boys and I went to have our own Christmas Dinner at Gordon Ramsay's at the London in West Hollywood.  It was the perfect way to kick off our own holiday season, and to toast their father who passed away last year on December 13.  It was perfection.

My 9 year old selected the restaurant, and had put that on his list of Dreams and Goals.  The waitress offered him the "Children's Menu" as well as the regular menu.  He glanced briefly at the Children's Menu with disdain, and said, "Uh, I really want to order some real food".  He proceeded to order the following:  Pork Rillette with Fried Quail's Egg appetizer, and an encrusted Lamb entree, followed by a Dark Chocolate Peanut dream dessert.

He ate with such gusto that I didn't even get to try a bite of his appetizer!

My 15 year old ordered Steak Tartare.  About halfway through it, he asked me if it was raw meat.  I said, "just eat it...it's good."  He did.  He ordered the Duck Breast with pears and a ravioli as his entree.  Also delicious, also scarfed down heartily.

Looks like I am raising two foodies.  Mission in progress!! :-)

If you ever come out to LA, I recommend a stop at Gordon Ramsay's at the London.  It is delicious and lovely.






2 comments: